Saturday, January 31, 2009

I have had posting on my 'to-do' list now for about 2 weeks but it somehow keeps getting pushed to the next day! By the time the boys are in bed all I want to do is go to bed myself! Our friends Melissa and Ian have 2 sets of twins under 3 years old and they are probably reading this thinking "Gees guys, buck up!" but having two kiddos is busy! We are loving it though. It has been especially fun to see Easton take on his role of 'big brother' and he does it really well. He helps me change diapers, burp and hold Owen and while sometimes it's not so much of a help I appreciate his willing heart and the love he has for 'baby Owie'. We have really appreciated church members and other friends here who have acted like family in taking care of us the last couple of weeks. My mom gets here this week and we are counting down the days!
In other news, Easton has started (albeit sporatically) going potty on the potty...we'll see when that becomes a permanent thing. Also, we discovered that we get American Idol here. Yes, call us lame but we love it. Well, at least I love it. Rob mostly tolerates it, frequently commenting on how awkward it all is, but I'm a glutton for awkward reality t.v. so Idol is right up my alley. And last week I successfully made my own thank you cards, envelope and all. Not a seemingly difficult feat, I know, but I was proud of myself and my craftiness. If you soon find one of those little gems in your mailbox know it was made with love even if it's not that pretty. Anyway, here are some more pics of Owen and Easton...mostly just laying around. Maybe next post we'll be doing something more exciting...no promises!









13 comments:

Kari said...

Great pics! He reminds me a lot of Easton as a baby. I can't wait to meet Owen in May.:)

Amy said...

I love the pictures! They are both such cute kids!

Paige said...

How adorable! Congrats! Easton looks excited to be a big brother.

Stacie Hawley said...

Hi there! This is Stacie Hawley...one of Rob's old friends from college...congrats on the new baby! Owen is darling and I love his name!! Your family is so cute!! Two kids can be quite a handful...we had our second about six months ago...and it was really hard at first but after three months it gets SO much easier! Hang in there!

Deters said...

Owen is so cute! And you have to tell me the secret how you get Easton to use the potty. Finn refuses to go although he knows excactely when he needs to.

Sarah said...

So sweet! your two little boys are looking great. I am very happy for you.

Brooke said...

How cute!!! I can't believe you have a house full of boys!!! Good luck!!! Love all the pictures!!! Miss you and can't wait to see you!!!

Julie said...

I just have to say that Owen is so handsome! You guys make darling little kids! You can tell that Easton is diggin' being a new big brother too! We love yuo guys and are so happy for you! Congrats!

Lizzy said...

Mr.Owen is so adorable. Next to him Easton looks like sucha big boy too!! What a great big brother, wanting to help so much. I can't wait to see you with your two boys...at a date TBD...

Also, I am SUPER impressed that you made your own cards and envelopes. NIIIIce.

carroll family said...

Such cute boys!! How fun. Love the pictures :)

Brooke said...

Owen is so adorable. I love the last picture of Easton and Owen. Seriously, Owen is a beautiful baby. I'm glad to know that Easton is doing well with the adjustment.

ashlee said...

Those pictures are so sweet. I love the one of the boys at the bottom. I'm feeling your pain with having two.

2x2momma said...

I laughed when you mentioned Easton's 'helpfulness!' I'm always trying to encourage Caleb and Julian's hugs and kisses to their baby brothers while also making sure the babies aren't mauled! It's a delicate balance ;) Easton looks so happy and baby Owen is really sweet. They look like they are going to be good buddies.