Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Trip to Howth

Saturday was honestly the first nice, non-rainy Saturday since we have been here. I have been kind of grumpy the past Saturday's because it's our one day to get out and do stuff as a family and we've been confined to the house. So I was really happy when this last Saturday was sunny and warm with no rain in sight! We decided to take off early in the morning and go up to the fishing village of Howth, which is on the peninsula on the northern bay of Dublin. We rode the train, which Easton loves, ate breakfast near the bay, let Easton play on the playground and walked a bit into the actual town. It was nice to see a new part of Dublin and enjoy the sun!

Easton and Rob on the train...that is Easton's smile believe it or not.


Some Frenchman took this pic after we asked him to get the cliffs in the background. Obviously we need to brush up on our French.


After Howth and a nap for Easton we headed for the park that is near our house for some more playground time and to feed the ducks. The ducks there are brazen! Easton's fingers have been bitten more than once!




And here are a few pictures of the inside of our house that I promised a while ago and that some people who will not be mentioned (Nicole) have been asking for. It is only a few rooms that were clean right before I posted! I'll get more up soon.


Kitchen...the fridge and freezer are the tall 'cabinets' on the left side of the pic disguised as cabinets.

The sun room/enclosed patio/conservatory. They call it a conservatory here but I just can't make that fancy of a word come out of my mouth on a regular basis.

Our downstairs wc (water closet...bathroom in American) that is the width of Rob's shoulders! I know it's kind of weird to show you all the bathroom but it's just the kind of thing I know my mom will ask about..."What does the bathroom look like?"

The living room

Until next time...

9 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

So your house looks "American." I don't know what I expected but it's nice that it still looks like everything over here! You are so brave... looks like fun!

Lizzy said...

Ok, I love you new home. I love that the fridge and freezer are "hidden" in the kitchen and I love the conservatory. Doug and I would love to build an enclosed patio one day.

2x2momma said...

your outings look sooo stunning! I can't believe how huge your fairy cottage is! (ps. can you send me a jar of nocilla? I've been craving it since your earlier post)

2x2momma said...

pps. I'll send you some Crisco in exchange. Someone needs to talk to the product presentation people about that 'baking fat' name.

Sarah said...

I agree with Lizzy on the hidden fridge. I was just telling Brad it would be cool to have that feature. Your home looks very nice. Good find!

Kari said...

Easton looks so tall in those pictures! Hooray for sunny days.:)

Brooke said...

I love your house. I'm glad you guys were able to get out in the sun for a while. Greg's parent's said that this summer was the coldest/most wet since like 1918. Love the house. It looks new. How old is it?

LBB said...

The house looks great - you've made it a home. And Pete had that very same smile when he was Easton's age!

Lynn

ashlee said...

The park is so pretty and your kitchen is huge! I,like your mother, love to see bathrooms. I don't know what it is, but it just seems that you can really know the feel of a place by what the bathroom looks like. Your's is very tidy and I love the tile. If you came in mine you would know that my house is a rental and used to be occupied my an old man :-)