Sunday, September 28, 2008

Powerscourt

So we have had a busy few days here in Dublin. Rob was gone most of the week for work in London and then in Scotland. Once he was home we had a work dinner at a fancy french restaurant downtown and left Easton for the first time since we have been here. We left him with our great neighbors and he did great.
We then welcomed our first guests here in Ireland. Our friends from L.A., Jared and Kristi, finished up their 3 week European adventure in Dublin. It was fun to hear the stories of their travels and great to see some familiar faces. They did some touring around the city and then on Saturday (another beautiful day...I am eating my words) we went to Powerscourt Gardens. They are these amazing gardens a bit south of us. They were built in the 1700's. We were barely out of the city but the change was dramatic. It was super peaceful and just like you might imagine the Irish countryside. We saw herds of sheep and small winding farm roads.








In other news...I am getting revved up for Halloween. We didn't know if they celebrated it here but, alas, they do! I guess Halloween just gets me excited for fall. My friend, Emily, found me some orange lights so the decorating can begin. I think Easton might end up being a dragon this year...he would love to be Diego from 'Go, Diego, Go' but I don't know if the shorts and t-shirt outfit will fly in Dublin weather.
Our car finally got here from the states this week! It is currently going through customs but we are glad that we may have a car at our disposal soon. The bad part is that then I actually have to figure out how to drive a left-hand drive car on the left side of the road. Let's be honest, I am not the best driver ever...it could get messy. Hopefully with some serious practice and a GPS system we will survive!

9 comments:

SA said...

Looks beautiful! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving! Kate, how are you feeling? Hope things are going well!
Love,
Sara

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

So fun!! We're next! OK maybe not next but in there somewhere:)

Brooke said...

Ooh, I'm a little worried for the driving thing for you. I know that I would have major problems. We went to Powerscourt when we visited Greg's parent's. We loved it and his parent's said it was the neatest place that they had visited up until that point. I think the Cliffs of Moor were really cool but they went there like 10 times so maybe they were sick of it. At Powerscourt Luke found this wild cat and was obsessed with it. He wanted to take it home until it scratched him and then his eyes puffed up and were almost swollen shut. Did you see the cat? So... I will end this long comment now.

Brooke said...

I have to say one more thing... this picture of me was taken at Powerscourt. I am done now.

Our Family said...

It looks so pretty there. Especially because it's so green and AZ is so brown. I'm jealous of the Ashworths.
Goodluck with the driving. That would be hard.

Sarah said...

Can I just say I love checking your blog. It is fun to see the fun places the Aird family getes to visit. I agree with everyone else those gardens are B-E-A-UTIFUL! I wonder if they have films moves there?

Sarah said...

Okay I need spell check. Sorry.

Kari said...

Um, so good luck with the driving thing! I know that would turn out badly for me.:) I too love these beautiful little day trips you have been taking. Keep the pictures coming!

2x2momma said...

Wow, what a wicked great name- Powerscout. I can just imagine a dog someday running around in our backyard with that name. Was that name/garden the inspiration behind the scouting program? Or was it named after an especially powerful Eagle/Queen's Scout? Anyways, it's a pretty out of this world garden... Cheers!