Sunday, November 2, 2008

London and a little Monkey business

Rob had some business in London this past week so Easton and I decided to tag along for a quick 2 day trip. I had never been there before so it was really fun to see lots of tourist sites and just to be somewhere new. But man, it was cold. Maybe I am just not used to cold weather anymore but seriously...freezing. It didn't help that we walked a ton either and that I couldn't button my coat around my ever growing belly...I have a cold to show for it now but it was worth it.

Here we are in our cab to the hotel.

This is at Picadilly Circus or Square or whatever...kind of like NYC's Times Square.




This is Buckingham Palace. You can see the silly costumed guards in the background. They do funny stuff like march in place every so often, who knows why?

After Buckingham Palace we got some dinner at this great Italian place and called it a day.
Next morning we hung out in Hyde Park until we were frozen and then met Rob for lunch near his meeting and then went to the Tower of London and the London Bridge.


Here is Rob with Easton in his plastic bubble covering at the Tower. I always thought those things looked so ridiculous but in this part of the world they are a must have! Easton doesn't love it though and tries to claw his way out.

London Bridge

We rode the subway quite a bit. We took Easton to NYC when he was really young and found out how un-child friendly subways are there...same goes for London. I can't complain too much about fast public trasportation though!

We got home from London in time to celebrate Halloween. Easton and I made cupcakes for a little party we were going to...


We decided on a monkey for Easton's costume...here he is with some buddies before trick or treating and some in the process. We got candy from about 8 houses in our little neighborhood...Halloween is way less of a deal here than in the states but it was enough to get Easton hooked and excited for next year.

Easton and Wyatt




It's hard work trick-or-treating.
Hope everyone had a happy Haloween!

11 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go to London. Who would name a fast food restaurant Abracadabra? Weird.

Our Family said...

We're a little jealous of all the fun traveling you'll get to do in while living in Ireland. However it looks very cold.

Don't feel too bad about Halloween. I think Halloween has turned into Trunk or Treats and Trick or Treating at the mall. We tried taking Halle to a nice neighborhood to do some Trick or Treating and almost every house had there lights off. So you guys did good.

I love Easton Costume. He looks so cute!

Michelle said...

I love London! How fun that you got to tag along. Easton is turning into quite the world traveler. He is a very cute monkey too!

Jeff Aird said...

I am always happy to find out that I am a monkey's uncle. London looks like fun, you should take us sometime. Excited to see you soon.

Kirsten said...

sounds like fun. London is a cool city...but not so much when it's so cold. Easton looks adorable as a little monkey! That's good they got a few houses in.

Julie said...

Easton looks darling and it looks like you had a blast in London. Wow! What great experiences!

ashlee said...

So much fun! In the picture where Easton is sitting in the window with the pumpkins, he looks so tall! Wish we were going to that party so we could hang out and eat some of those cupcakes :-)

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

You guys look so cute and so cultured! London and Halloween, what a great week.
P.S. Tell Brett and Kari that we can't get into their blog because it has privacy protection. My email is kqutie84@gmail.com so they add me to the list of approved visitors

Andy said...

And all this time I thought London Bridge was falling down. Looks like like you guys are having a great time. Keep in touch Bobby.

TStevens said...

London is awesome; mostly known for being my home town.

(I am related to Heather B. - strange, but not technically a stranger)

2x2momma said...

It was so fun to see how bundled up you are over there! I love the cozy clothes. Looks like London was awesome, and I love your Halloween treats (including your cute little Easton!!)