Sunday, December 7, 2008

And We're Back...

It's been a good long while since I have posted anything on the blog. But I have a good excuse. We just got back from a 3 week visit to the states and then a weekend away to the West Coast of Ireland. Easton and I took off for Colorado in early November...we survived the 12 hour flight with very few setbacks and minimal drama. We spent time with my family and friends and Easton loved pestering my mom's dog and my dad's animals. He became a pro at feeding the animals and finding poop in the yard that needed to be picked up...what a helper! We also celebrated Easton's b-day (twice) and I did a lot of Christmas shopping. Maybe the most exciting event was that I finally got a haircut, believe me, it was necessary! Here are some CO pics:


Easton's pretty smile


Helping Grandpa rake the leaves


Reading with Grandpa Rob

Rob came out 2 weeks after us and then we headed to Utah for Thanksgiving. It was more of the same there...family, friends and food. We ran (well, Rob ran and I walked with Easton in the stroller) a 5k up in Bountiful on Thanksgiving, visited The Discovery at the Gateway (the kids museum there), had another b-day party for Easton and saw some movies. We got to see lots of friends too...even Easton got to see his long lost BFF, Josh, and he also got to play with all of his cousins. Here are SLC pics:

At the Discovery

Easton and Josh

The 5k crew...us along with Rob's dad, bro Jeff and his wife Sara, their baby Syd and Sara's fam.

Us making these cute turkey cookies on Thanksgiving...thanks to my sister-in-law, Sara for the idea and supplies.

These are Easton's turkey cookies...not perfect, but you get the picture...

We got back from SLC and 2 days later headed to the west coast to the Ashford Castle in Galway for Rob's works holiday party. It is a big castle that has been converted into a hotel. It is beautiful. Rob got to go to a school of falconry and clay pigeon shooting and I got a facial and a massage. Pics:








It has been a great month but I am exhausted and ready to lay low for a while. We'll spend Christmas in Dublin which I am actually excited for. I need some time here to prepare for this little baby who will be here in about 5 weeks!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet holiday party for Rob's company--I thought Dan's was great til I read this--I could go for a massage!
Looks like you had fun on all your trips. Good luck with your new little one in a few weeks.

Heather said...

You should have visited the "other" Aird house while you were in Bountiful. We were all there and would have loved to see you guys. It looks like you had a lot of fun though.

Brooke said...

Whoo! You guys have been busy and with Christmas and your baby soon to arrive it won't end soon. Good luck with everything! It was great seeing you guys (twice).

Our Family said...

Due in five weeks and I don't see a baby bump in a single picture. I guess it's cold and you're hiding in a jacket.

What a nice place for a holiday party. Hopefully things like that make moving to Dublin worth it for you.