Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Razor Scooters and Bowling Balls

This last weekend we finally had some down time that we were all looking forward to. And as you would expect, it decided to rain, well it is Ireland you know. So we did what any good family does when it rains....we went bowling. It was Easton's first time, but he did great. The whole two turns unless you knock all the pins down really didn't make much sense to him. Well here are some pics.


Here Easton and I are rolling the ball down the little ramp. About half the time he used the ramp and half the time he wanted to throw it like mommy and daddy.


Here are the present and the future of the bowling world. Ok, maybe that is overstating it some. The best part of the afternoon was the "special" shoes. Easton thought they were so cool and wasn't too excited to take them off.

The Razor Scooter

I just have to say that this picture makes me proud to be a dad. Isn't it just awesome?


Easton is showing off his pads and helmut. He usually doesn't wear them for more than 3 minutes, but we do require that he wear his helmut when he rides his scooter.


This picture for me holds a lot of symbolism. I think it tells a story in itself. Here is our boy, padded up and walking down the long path to find his scooter. Someone should write a poem.

Easton is actually getting pretty good at pushing himself around the house, patio, and the street out front. He is really diligent at looking both ways for cars. Our poor son is going to be so confused when we move back to the States, he is used to looking left, right, left, because the cars drive on the left side here. It will be so tough to look right, left, right. We will just have to cross that street when we come to it...

5 comments:

The Gillis Family said...

Picture Poem
By Juli Gillis

On my way,
This bright day,
To find adventure, fun, and play.

What to do,
Where to go,
Exploring worlds I do not know.

Down the hall,
Clad in gear,
To face the playground with no fear.

So much fun,
So little time,
This fleeting moment is all mine.

Unknown said...

fyi, the poem is dedicated to Easton...

Brooke said...

Rob, you post? You need to talk to Greg. He doesn't even look at our blog. I'm glad to know you are responsible parents, making Easton wear his helmet. That's awesome that he has a scooter!

2x2momma said...

Aaaawww... what a sweet little scooter dude. It was so fun to see you guys last week!! Had a marvelous time.

Brooke said...

Roses are red, his scooter is blue.
I hope that Easton doesn't turn out to be like you.
The sky is blue, the pig is pink.
The reason I say this is cause I know you stink.

by Gregory G. Nield I

You wanted a poem, you got it!

p.s. Brooke, I hope you don't mind I signed into your blog to check out the Airds.