Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pink Eye and Pirates

It has been a long week. We all (except Rob) came down with Pink Eye and have had a dreadful cold as well. My (not so fancy) camera also died so no new pics here. We are all starting to feel better and hoping for a new camera soon. We have had a lovely, loungy, (I know that's not a word) weekend watching the LDS General Conference (we see it a week late here). Here are just a few very random pics of the last couple of weeks. I know I promised a post about Sydney but I just don't have it in me today and wanted to get something up, so sorry...eventually.

We went to 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' at our local library. Easton looked pretty awesome in those old pajama pants and felt eye patch.

It ended up being kind of lame with lots of babies (it was supposed to be for 3-5 year olds) but they got to make a pirate hat which made everyone happy.

Easton and Beckett were the only ones even remotely dressed like pirates (the website said 'come dressed as a pirate', I swear) so that was kind of funny. They had fun. And the library is just a short walk from our house and it is right on the beach, crazy, huh?

Before the pink eye took over we were enjoying the beautiful spring weather and taking lots of walks down to the beach with lots of ice cream stops. My boys love their ice cream. I don't think I have mentioned on the blog before that Easton wears his shirt in this off the shoulder fashion nearly everyday. He likes to pretend he is Tarzan.


I love that the beach (it's just a little bay beach but that counts) is just a 10 minute walk from our front door.


3 comments:

ashlee said...

Feel free to use the word loungy and we will just think that it is an Australian thing :-) I love that Easton wears his shirt like that because so does Emery except they were really shorts that went under her skirt and she just wore them upside down. She has now started to pull both of her sleeves down on her pjs so that she can look a princess. Why can't princesses dress modestly.

Sinéad Poznanski said...

I think I recognize Easton's peter pan outfit.... do you still have your "Wendy" nightdress?

Brooke said...

Who knew Easton would be such a fashionista with the one shoulder thing and the pirate outfit (you know all the other kids were jealous)?!? Looks like you are having fun. Miss you!!!