Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun

We had lots of Halloween fun this October. My sister in law, Amy, gave the kids a fun cd with all sorts of Halloween songs on it and I swear we listened to that all day everyday usually at full volume (actually we are still listening to it as I type 2 days after Halloween!). By Halloween even Owen knew the words to those songs. We made monster eye treats:


and haunted houses:


Watching Easton and Beckett decorate their houses was hilarious. They are so different. Beckett was very exact and concentrating...every candy had it's place and purpose. And then Easton just put things on wherever with gobs of frosting. Here is Beckett deep in concentration:

We had a Family Home Evening with the Robert's to carve pumpkins.



And then since we weren't counting on a big Halloween celebration on the day we had a little party on the day before. We played games and had the kids trick or treat around the house. Easton was a robot...if ever a kid of mine wants to be a robot again I will need to make a much more wearable costume. He couldn't do much in that thing...he kept saying 'mom, I need your help, I can't sit down'! And Owie was a little dalmation...or a cow, whichever you prefer.



When we came home from church at 5pm there were hoards of trick-or-treaters walking the streets of our neighborhood! I was totally unprepared with candy until I realized that loose unwrapped gummies were acceptable. I was nearly the totally lame lady that gave out boxes of raisins and string cheese.
Rob and Easton took a lap around the block. Here are the boys on the doorstep. Easton does have undies on:



7 comments:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

looks like soo much fun!

ashlee said...

I love that Easton has his one arm out of his shirt now that I know he does that.

Amy said...

I love that your kids love the Halloween music as much as we do. Everytime I turned it on Andrew would start tapping his toe and try to snap. I don't know where he got that, but I love it.

I love your costumes. You went to a lot of work for trick-or-treating at home. Your boys are lucky to have such a great mom!

2x2momma said...

I love your monster eyes! I remember that Beckett was always really into the art projects at Joy School too- wonder where he gets that from? ;)

Lizzy said...

Just catching up on some blogs. I am such a bad blogger, but a little better at keeping up with everyone else's. Anyway, fun costumes. I really am going to try to post pics of Bryce from Halloween someday -- and his bday. Ha!

Miss u guys!

Kristen said...

What cute costumes! I love it : )

ashlee said...

Even a hippity hop sounds more fun in Australia! Where did you get it? I thought maybe I could try Ross...