Sunday, March 6, 2011

Could I BE a worse blogger?

No. No, I could not. I am horrible at blogging. Sorry. I am going to try and catch up a bit but that requires a few major holidays, the boys' birthdays, lots of visits from family, and a serious family vacation. So here's a little of this and that and here's to hoping I can get a handle on myself enough to update this thing every once in a while!

Easton turned 4 in December! Can't believe it! We celebrated with a visit from Grandma and a party at the beach. I made the same cake I made for him when he turned 3...last year he did not like it because I didn't let him pick out the cars that went on top...it was pretty annoying after spending a lot of time on it just to be totally snubbed by my 3 year old. When he said he wanted another race track cake this year I made sure it was how he wanted it.






Christmas was hot here in Sydney. We did a lot of Christmas-y things around the city and at home.


Amy and Stephen also came out Christmas day so that was a nice treat. Best Christmas present this year? This giant stuffed dog that we got Owie at Ikea. I don't think I have ever seen such joy! It was so fun to see him so excited.

Easton got a bike (for his birthday) which has been lots of fun too. Good thing Beckett got one too.

We had a lot of fun with Amy and Stephen. We went to the beach and just hung out.



We also got Slurpees a few times. There are no 7-11's in Dublin so when we came here and Easton had his first Slurpee he was in love. Since he doesn't remember 7-11 in the States either he thinks they are an Australian thing. Every time someone visits he wants to take them to the amazing 7-11.


Owen turned 2. We had a relaxing day and had cake and ice-cream which Owen promptly vomited up. Awesome birthday. Poor buddy was sick. Let's hope for a more fun 3rd birthday.

We had Rob's brother Jeff and his wife Sara visit in January and then my dad and my aunt just left after a short visit as well. Maybe we can blame part of my non-blog-ness on the fact that Easton broke our camera a while ago. So I have like no record of the last 2 months. Thanks to Lindsay and Stephen for all the pictures.

We had a great vacation to Hamilton Island and the Great Barrier Reef. That will be next post...hopefully it happens before this baby comes. Only a few more weeks!!

9 comments:

2x2momma said...

So good to see photos of you and your cute boys. What a cake! Seriously. Miss you mucho! xo

Brooke said...

So glad to get an update! Good luck with the new baby on it's way. Looks like you are having fun! Miss you!

ashlee said...

Katie, you look so beautiful in that picture of you and Amy. I wish I could come and have Easton take me to 7-11.

Julie said...

how fun to catch up!!! looks like you guys are doing great!

Kari said...

Yay! So glad to get the blog update.:) Sorry about Owen's birthday...

Kristen said...

Love the update and the cake! : ) Good job and good luck with the new baby coming soon.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I have been missing you and your boys so much, and wondering if owen and anna would be friends. Josh still talks about Easton, I'm actually surprized that he remembers him:) Good luck with the baby! You are seriously getting ahead of me here.

Brooke said...

You are alive!!! Greg just reminded me a few weeks ago how soon you were due. How could you already be having a baby!? We are so excited for you guys and hope to see you sometime in the near future.

ashlee said...

ABSOLUTELY!