Thursday, July 10, 2008

Let the Blogging Begin

We have always said that once we leave L.A. we would start a blog to be able to keep in touch with all of our friends from here and elsewhere and of course, our family. The day has come and we are leaving L.A.! With a little (or a lot) of help from my super crafty friend Lindsay, the blog begins.
So, we haven't invaded Ireland quite yet but on August 11th we'll become official Dublin-ers! We're really looking forward to it despite the 12 hour plane ride (with a 19 month old no less) and yucky food (or so we've heard)! We'll have a house there...hallelujah...so we expect most of you to come and visit!
Moving across the street is a hassle so you can imagine what it's been like trying to move across the ocean! We'll be glad when it's all said and done...as you can imagine Easton has been a super help when it comes to packing...or should I say unpacking. I think his favorite game right now is to dump out the contents of any box, turn it upside down and use it as a drum...looks like we have a musician on our hands.
Speaking of Easton, he has a special announcement he wants to make...check out his shirt!


Yep, we're pregnant! I'm just coming out of the first trimester...due January 21st. Easton looks pretty excited in the picture...completely oblivious of how much his little world will be rocked! We are really excited to be adding to our family.
We leave L.A. on the 21st of July and then it's on to Colorado for one last visit and to SLC for Rob's sister's wedding...maybe we can see some of you along the way!

9 comments:

Robert Aird said...

I really like how this looks. Well done!

Kirsten said...

wow, congrats! Things really are busy for you right now! Let me know if you need help packing, or watching Easton, I'm just across the street.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the making of the blog. It looks great and I love your family picture! Very cute! Good Luck on the packing.

Our Family said...

Wow that's a lot to annouce in one post. Congrats! Happy pregnancy and goodluck with the move. It's so fun to do something new and I'm super excited for you guys.

I know my grandma's going to really miss you guys. She loves when you come over to swim and she also is a big fan of Rob's Sunday School lessons.

Brooke said...

You guys are awesome. We hope to see you if you have time when you're here in SLC. My parents return from their mission in Ireland in September. Maybe you could rent out their missionary appartment and save some money. Just kidding.

2x2momma said...

We are so excited for you guys for all your news and can't wait to hear from you in your future adventures!

Julie said...

I love the blgo! you have done such an awesome job. Good luck with the move and the pregnancy. We love you guys!

SA said...

I love your blog Katie! It looks great! It was so good to see you at the BBQ. Talk to you soon.
Sara

Lizzy said...

I am so happy for you guys. I am excited to meet Baby Aird #2. And I can't wait to hear about all your Irish adventures.

The blog looks fabulous. I think it's time to change the look of mine a little... I especially like the family picture ;)

It was such a blast to stay with you a few weeks ago. Thanks so much for letting me hang out for a few days in LA. I really hope it works out for us to come visit you in Ireland soon too!! I miss you already!