Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Mother of all Posts

Ok...there are quite a few items to cover in this post so I am warning you now it could get lengthy! We are officially moved to Ireland but before we got here, there were 3 weeks of living out of suitcases in 3 different states and multiple households...here is a recap of the mayhem:
We moved out of our apartment in L.A. and into a hotel for a few days while we wrapped everything up there. It was super swanky...we paid $8 for Easton's glass of milk! We also said goodbye to all of our friends and I cried like a baby. Here are a few pics of that and some of a little farewell party thrown for us before we left.


Me and my friend Heidi

Our good buddies the Roberts family

Easton and his BFF, Josh



Nicole and I showing our not too pregnant yet bellies


The Smiths. Minutes before Val and I were crying our eyes out

We went from L.A. to Ireland and left Easton with my parents for about a week while we finalized our house and furnished it as much as we could. I went back to Colorado and Rob stayed in Ireland for another week. In CO Easton had a blast without us being spoiled by his grandparents. Once I got there we played in the pool a lot, saw some farm animals, had some BBQ's, even took Easton on a bike ride in Breckenridge. Here are the pics

Easton sees the goat

Grandpa and Grandma Nancy with Easton in tow...Nathan and Lindsay should be proud (I also went on this bike ride lest anyone should call me lazy :)

Easton lounging at the pool

From Colorado we headed to SLC for Rob's sister, Juli's wedding. Rob met us there after working in L.A. for a few days and the festivities began. While in SLC we got to meet up with our good friends the Millers from and the Smiths from L.A. We also got to see our friends the Rosens. Other than that it was pretty much wedding mania. Mania isn't quite true. Juli is pretty laid back so mania was minimum. We had a great day. The sealing in the temple was great and the luncheon was super cute...done by the grooms sisters. Then we had the reception at the Lion House in downtown SLC. It was outside which was nice especially so the kids could roam and not break anything. We are really happy for Juli and Rob (yep, that's one more Rob in the family) and excited to have him in our fam.


Friends reunite. Beckham, Noah and Easton


Juli and the men in her life

The cousins

Easton workin' the bow tie

So that was it in the US of A and then we came over to Dublin. The flights over were not too bad. Easton did pretty well even though I had a minor breakdown at one point (I think right before or after we changed the 2nd dirty diaper in an airplane bathroom with no changing table) . We have now been here 4 days and we are just settling in and getting adjusted. We are trying to keep busy and trying to get our house all set and furnished. I am thrilled with our backyard and the washer and dryer and our neighborhood is really nice and quiet but also really close to the city center, where Rob works. Rob is doing great at work too. Here is a pic of our house here. It is pretty cute. I will post pics of the inside once we get organized.



So there you go...lots of pics and news...don't say I didn't warn you! Between moving in and playing with Easton I am reading a book I am loving called the Lemon Tree...a recommendation from Nicole and I am about to start a new quilt for Easton's toddler bed (when he'll actually be in said bed, who knows!). Keep us posted of all your news and we'll do the same!

10 comments:

Our Family said...

Wow- I bet you are glad to be settled in. The house is adorable. How fun!
That's neat that you were able to see the Miller's up in Utah and say goodbye.
Well goodluck getting adjusted and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the inside of your house.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I love all the pictures - although I really wanted to see one of all the bridesmaids!

2x2momma said...

Easton is so cute with his little bowtie! Looks like you guys had a whirlwind month of July! I love your Ireland house- I know I said this before- but it looks like a fairy cottage!

Kari said...

I'm glad to hear you survived the flight! I'm also glad we got to see you one more time in SLC (and that we got a shoutout in the blog), but how come we didn't get any tears?;) I'll have to check that book out...I need a new one right now. You better get crackin' on furnishing the spare bedroom, because I plan to put it to use!:)

Amber said...

I LOVE your house. It's exactly what I would picture someone living in Ireland to be in. How fun. And yay for a washer and dryer, they make everything (or at least laundry day) better :)

Brooke said...

Your house is adorable. I look forward to seeing the inside. We're glad to know things are going well for Rob at work. How'd you like that 2am phone call from Greg? Sorry about that.

Lizzy said...

glad to hear the trip went well. i also wanted to see the purple you were able to find for the wedding... anyway, i'll be in touch this week. tell the boys hi!

Lindsay said...

we miss you guys like crazy. I'm glad that you guys got over there safely, and are trying to adjust. I told nathan the other day that I'm planning on getting an international calling card, so that we can talk in person. Thanks for the update on your life. I check your blog all the time. you guys look great.

Brooke said...

Wow! Lots of stuff. I am so excited to see the rest of your casa! Hopefully, you will take more pictures of the home and...oh yeah...IRELAND! I would love to see some of the fun sights via blog pictures. Congrats again on having another boy! Have fun! We miss you! Brooke

Sarah said...

I was thinking about you and the flight to Ireland. It is pretty sad that there are not any changing tables tucked away on an airplane. Like everyone else I love your new home and look forward to seeing more and hearing of all the adventures.